Things I’ve learned about London so far:
- Jaywalking is a thing. I think it’s actually encouraged. Why wait at the crosswalk in rush hour traffic? It’s like real life frogger
- Londoners will sit on any green space. If there’s a plot of land with a bit of grass, expect it to be occupied by at least twenty people
- Londoners like to drink: as in go out straight after work and stay out until the wee hours (especially on Thursdays?)
- Everyone dresses to impress, sweatpants aren’t a thing here.
- Pigeons are fearless. They’re everywhere and no one ever flinches! Dirty birds!
- Indian food is England’s National cuisine. (Or at least in A’s mind it is…)
- Diversity. So many beautiful people, so many walks of life.
- The Underground is your best friend, and so is your Oyster Card.
- Londoners like a good queue, which is hilarious because that’s one of the things I try to avoid
- Portapottys are called portaloos.
So far this trip has consisted of: bouts of homesickness + lazy afternoons in the park + walks along Southbank + Tea (so much tea) + museums as far as the eye can see + monuments + baby graffiti tours + riding the underground + riding the underground + riding the underground…